Caprese Salad is a popular appetizer in restaurants, but we’ve brought this colorful dish home and super-sized it to serve to a crowd. As always, our Fiesta® Extra Large Oval Platter comes in handy for serving up far more food than just a Thanksgiving Turkey. We’ve used this practical dish for all sorts of party platters in the past including our Autumn Cheese Platter and Football Cheeseball.
For this show-stopper of an appetizer, we gathered up some lovely field greens, available in the salad section of your grocery store, for the base. Then we layered in freshly sliced tomatoes and a log of fresh mozzarella, which we sliced into rounds. We then dotted in a few of those smaller mozzarella pearls, along with Kalamata olives and some dry Italian sausages.
To add interest we added sliced gala apples and a sprinkling of ripe red raspberries. Then, we drizzled a store-bought balsamic glaze lightly over the whole platter. For a finishing touch, we tucked basil leaves into the arrangement.
The result is a stunning appetizer that’s simple to prepare and has a little bit of something for everyone to enjoy.
Caprese Salad Platter
- 4 cups field greens or leafy green of choice
- 4 roma or small heirloom tomatoes sliced or cut into small wedges
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella ball or log sliced
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine pearls
- ½ cup red raspberries
- 1 gala apple sliced
- 6 ounces Italian dry salame genoa salame or sopressata
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Handful of fresh basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- On an extra large platter, lay a layer of field greens.
- Add on the tomatoes, mozerella, raspberries, apple, salame, and olives.
- Tuck in a few basil leaves throughout.
- Lightly drizzle the platter with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.