Time to trade in those Winter blues for some Springtime greens with this lovely Spring Pesto Pasta Salad. Campanelle pasta’s flower-like shape sets the tone for this herbaceous pasta salad studded with garden peas, asparagus, and cucumbers. Chickpeas add a hearty element and are a great source of plant-based protein.
This recipe makes enough for a crowd, so plan on serving yours up in a spacious dish like our XL Bistro Bowl, seen here in creamy Ivory.
Spring Pesto Pasta Salad
- 1 lb campanelle pasta
- 6 oz pesto store-bought
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas cooked according to package directions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped asparagus steamed fresh or frozen
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cucumber quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained well
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Stir together the pesto, mayonnaise and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine hot pasta and the pesto and mayonnaise mix. Mix in prepared peas, asparagus, cucumbers, and chickpeas.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped chives and serve.