Blueberry Muffins with a Streusel Topping
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp flour to coat blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raw sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, sour cream and vanilla together. Whisk mixture until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold together until fully combined. Be careful not to over mix!
- Add 1 tbsp flour to blueberries to coat them well. Gently fold coated blueberries into batter.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tins. You should fill them about 2/3 of the way to leave room for the streusel topping.
- Mix melted butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Texture should be like damp sand.
- Add a generous amount of streusel topping to each section of batter.
- Place into the oven. Reduce heat to 375°F, and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- As soon as the muffins come out of the oven, sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, and enjoy!
To be extra festive, don’t forget to serve your muffins on our adorable Easter Egg Platter! They come in two variations: Turquoise and Sunflower.
If you try this recipe, comment below and tell us what you think.