As you get ready to celebrate, we came up with a few of our favorite Fiesta Easter Must-Have Items:
🎂 Cake Stand Hack – Did you know you can make a Fiesta “Cake Stand” by turning a Hostess Serving Bowl upside down and placing a Baking/Pizza Tray on top?
Fiesta Dinnerware Carrot Cake Recipe
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups grated carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 16 oz cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 4-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt to taste
Make the cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the chopped pecans on the sheet and toast for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 350 degrees. Grease two or three 9-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper, then grease the parchment paper.
- Whisk the brown sugar, granulated sugar, oil, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla together in a large bowl until combined and no brown sugar lumps remain. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold the ingredients together until just combined. Fold in the carrots and 1 cup of the toasted pecans.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cake pans. If using 3 cake pans, bake for 20-24 minutes. If using two cake pans, bake for 30-35 minutes. Test the center with a toothpick. Do not over-bake. Allow the cakes to cool completely in the pans on a wire rack. The cakes must be completely cool before assembling and frosting.
Make the frosting
- In a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar, cream, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Beat on low for 30 seconds, then increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes until completely combined and creamy.
- Assemble and frost cakes. Enjoy!
☕ Egg Dye Station – Set up the most colorful egg dying station by dropping your egg coloring tablets in color coordinated Fiesta Tapered Mugs!
🥚 Egg Plate/Tray – Can you have Easter without an Egg Plate/Tray? We don’t think so. It’s a definite must-have for Deviled Eggs.
🥕 New Oval Vegetable Bowls – Veggies never looked so good. Be sure to order a few so there are plenty of veggies to go around!
Roasted Spring Veggies
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp shallots chopped
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 6oz bag radishes halved
- 1 lb asparagus sliced into 2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Combine vinegar and shallots. Set aside.
- Combine carrots and next 5 ingredients (through radishes) in the bottom of a roasting pan, tossing to combine.
- Bake at 500 degrees for 20 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown stirring occasionally.
- Remove pan from oven. Add shallot mixture and asparagus, tossing to combine. Return pan to oven. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in parsley and chives.
What are your Easter must-haves that you’d recommend to others? Do you have any Fiesta hacks like our Cake Stand Hack? Please share in the comments…