This delicious Mexican Chocolate Mousse is quick to prepare and made with just a few pantry staples, making it the perfect last minute dessert. Serve it up individually out of our Fiesta® Small Heart Bowls for a lovely Valentine’s Day presentation or serve it family-style out of a stylish serving dish like our Hostess Bowl.
Don’t limit this egg-less mousse to Valentine’s Day either. This treat can be whipped up for any occasion, because chocolate is always in season! Look for a good Mexican Cinnamon to add that authentic kick to the creamy chocolate base and serve it up on Cinco De Mayo too!
MEXICAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- 1-1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted, stopping to stir in between.Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, and vanilla and set aside.With an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.Gently fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until blended. Spoon into serving bowls and refrigerate for an hour until set.