For the Summer Berry Salad dice about three pounds of strawberries. Add in one pound of blueberries and six to twelve ounces of raspberries.
The Whipped Coconut Cream requires a bit of additional prep as the cans of coconut cream or coconut milk must be refrigerated for 24 hours before whipping for best results. Coconut cream and coconut milk can usually be found in the international section of your local grocery store with the Asian foods. We used Thai Kitchen coconut cream, although their coconut milk has also been known to produce good whipped cream as well.
Once the cans have been refrigerated for 24 hours, open and carefully scoop out the thick, white coconut cream that has risen to the top, trying to avoid the coconut water at the bottom of the can. You can save that liquid to add to your next smoothie, or simply discard.
After whipping your coconut cream, spoon into the Fiesta Dip Bowl, or similar high-sided bowl, and place in the center of a large, round serving bowl like the Fiesta Chip Bowl. Spoon those glorious berries into the serving bowl and your healthy dish is ready to go.
Believe us when we say, that even amidst a sea of pies and cake, this Berry Salad will go fast! If you’re lucky enough to have left overs, blend the berries up for a post-celebration smoothie the next day. You can even put that leftover coconut water to use!
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- 6 to 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 2 cans coconut milk or coconut cream, refrigerated for 24 hours
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Refrigerate cans of coconut milk or coconut cream for 24 hours.
- Cut strawberries into bite-sized pieces and combine with other berries in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Remove coconut milk from the refrigerator and open with a can opener.
- Carefully scoop out solid white coconut cream from the can, being sure to avoid any coconut water in the bottom half of the can.
- Put coconut cream into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until combined then add vanilla extract.
- Beat until soft peaks form and then spoon into a small, high sided bowl such as the Fiesta Dip Bowl.
- Place bowl of whipped cream into the center of a large, round serving bowl such as the Fiesta Chip Bowl.
- Spoon berry salad mixture into the large bowl surrounding the dip.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.