Spring Pesto Pasta Salad
Herbaceous pesto, asparagus, peas, and cucumber come together in this springtime pasta salad.
- 1 lb campanelle pasta
- 6 oz pesto store-bought
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas cooked according to package directions
- 1-1/2 cups chopped asparagus steamed fresh or frozen
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cucumber quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained well
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Stir together the pesto, mayonnaise and salt.
In a large bowl, combine hot pasta and the pesto and mayonnaise mix. Mix in prepared peas, asparagus, cucumbers, and chickpeas.
Sprinkle with freshly chopped chives and serve.